Genting collects your personal data when you use our services or otherwise interact with us either online or in person. This policy outlines what we collect and why and how we subsequently use it.
In providing your personal data to us and/or using our services you are taken to agree to the use of your personal data as set out in this policy.
References to “Genting” “we” , “us” or “our” in this policy are references to our brands including but not limited to “GentingCasino.com”, “Resorts World Birmingham” “Genting Casinos”, “Crockfords” and “Crockfords Cairo” which are trading names of our operating companies Genting Alderney Limited (incorporated and registered in Alderney 1664), Genting Solihull Limited, Genting Casinos UK Limited, Coastbright Limited, Genting Casinos Egypt Limited and Genting UK PLC all of Genting Club Star City Watson Road, Birmingham, B7 5SA with company numbers 06601106, 01519689, 05176386, 02885976 and 01519749 respectively. All operating companies which process personal data are also registered with the Information Commissioners Office in the UK.
• Genting Alderney Limited acts as “data controller” in respect of our online casino;
• Genting Solihull Limited acts as “data controller” in respect of non-casino activities (retail, rewards and loyalty schemes); and
• Genting Casinos UK Limited and Coastbright Limited act as data controller in respect or our land-based casino activities.
• Genting Casinos Egypt Limited acts as “data controller” for our customers of Crockfords Cairo.
2. Updates to Our Policy
We review this policy regularly and if we amend it, we will display the updated version on our websites and in our premises to make you aware of changes. The updated policy will then apply to our use of your personal data.
3. Information given to Us
We collect personal data and information which you provide to us when using our services, for example when:-
• You register on our online casino;
• You register for our loyalty scheme* (online or in club);
• You register for membership (in selected clubs)
• You download our Gaming, Resorts World or Rewards Apps;
• You register for WIFI in our premises;
• You book a Hotel room online or in person;
• You interact with us (e.g. queries, complaints, correspondence by email, phone or in person);
• You participate in social media connected to us;
• You participate in our promotions, competitions and/or surveys;
*NB: The loyalty scheme is not available at present in Crockfords Cairo
4. Information Collected
We may collect and hold the following personal data relating to you including but not limited to:-
• Date of Birth;
• Postal Address;
• Email Address;
• Telephone Number;
• Credit or other card payment details;
• Ethnic Origin;
• Political Affiliations (for employee and gaming anti-money laundering checks);
• Offences (for employee and gaming anti-money laundering checks);
5. Other Information Collected
We may also hold:-
• Information concerning your, hotel, resort, or gaming activities and/or information derived from your general interaction and use of our services and facilities.
• Financial status and spending.
• Genting reward points earned and spent.
• Third party loyalty activity and points accrual (e.g. in the event of sponsored offers, third party competitions).
• Copies of your proof of identity or proof of your address.
• Records of correspondence from and to you.
• Photographs of you.
• CCTV or audio recordings of you.
• Your use of social media, the identifiers you use for those purposes (e.g. Twitter handles) and personal information you or others publish on social media channels;
• Information from our business partners, sub-contractors in payment, delivery and booking services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies.
• Website, Device and Mobile App Information (see 6);
We may also receive personal data about you from third parties, including but not limited to Genting Group Companies (which means Genting Berhad and Genting Hong Kong Limited and their subsidiary companies, jointly controlled entities and associated companies) credit reference bodies, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, for reasons including the prevention and detection of crime, the delivery of services (e.g. conducting appropriate checks and risk assessments to facilitate the provision of the services), to maintain or comply with our regulatory obligations and/or to otherwise comply with our legal duties and obligations.
6. Website, Device, and Mobile App Information
We may also collect technical information from your online activity, including:-
• the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and/or platform;
• Information about your visits to our websites, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our websites, including date and time, products you searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer services teams;
• Information you provide when you register to use a Genting App or service, search for an App or service, or share data via an App’s social media functions, which may include name, address, email, phone number, device phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and other credit card information, personal description or photograph.
• When using our websites or Apps we may automatically collect the following information:-
• Information you give us about you by filling out forms on Genting websites, downloading a Genting App, or WIFI preferences expressed or settings chosen, or by corresponding with us, including information you provide when you register on our websites, contact us, search for or book a service (e.g. hotel or spa) or enter one of our competitions or promotions or surveys;
• Location information – we may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw consent at any time by disabling location screening on your device.
• Unique application numbers:- when you install or uninstall an App which contains a Unique Application Number or when such a service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
7. Use of Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data to:-
• Offer and provide services to you.
• Verify your details and carry out security or financial (including credit) checks and risk assessments from time to time. We may also give your information to appropriate third parties for identification or verification checks and/or to enable your financial transactions to be processed.
• Contact you by post, email, text, telephone, social media or other means. The things we may contact you about include existing or future services, products, promotional offers, loyalty and rewards incentives, service changes and the activities of Genting or Genting Group companies which we think may be of interest to you.
• Maintain our records. This includes but is not limited to transaction, financial and player records, which we need to use for audit and legal and regulatory compliance purposes.
• Administer our websites and Apps and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical and survey purposes;
• Compile data to enable us to monitor and analyse activity in our casinos, hotel or retail premises and on our websites, and the use or take up of our loyalty and reward cards and points and promotions. We may also provide aggregated personal information to third parties, but we’ll ensure they take appropriate measures to secure your personal data.
• Customise our services, products, communications (including marketing communications) and casino, hotel, leisure and shopping experiences to you. We’ll do this by using information that may include your ethnic origin and financial (including loyalty and membership) details.
• Provide your personal data to market research agencies for third party research and analysis to ensure that (if opted in) you receive services, products and communications appropriate to your interests.
• Improve our websites Apps or services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer / device;
• Allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
• Keep our services, sites and Apps safe and secure;
• Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our services about goods or services which may interest you.
• Make any disclosure required by law, or reasonably required, or of benefit to regulatory, judicial or industry body to prevent and detect crime, cheating, money laundering and/or other impropriety;
• Provide your personal data to other casino operators, service providers, banks, or financial institutions, the International Association of Casino Security and similar bodies or associations in the interests of security, good practice or safety reasons as well as the prevention and detection of crime, cheating, fraud, money laundering, or other impropriety or risk or to uphold gaming integrity
• Provide your personal data to our service providers who help us to provide you with services and marketing, for example a mailing house or software booking service used to distribute promotional material or confirm services, booking or payment respectively.
• Combine the information you provide and the information we collect about you or receive from our service providers for the purposes of analysis aimed at improving the customer experience. We may also use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
• Provide your personal data to Genting Group Companies, any of which may process your personal data in relation to services they provide, offer or consider providing to you and for any purpose which would be permitted under this policy if Genting undertook the processing of your personal data.
• Provide your personal data (typically basic information such as your name and contact information) to social media operators including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter to facilitate Genting marketing to you via the social media channels you participate in. Use by those social media operators for that purpose will be subject to the privacy policies and terms they provide to you, and where applicable, the privacy settings you have selected on those channels and the consents you have given those operators in relation to the use of your personal data.
We may further use your Device, Content and Log Information (i) generally, for any of the purposes set out above; and (ii) specifically to improve and customise content and marketing to your preferences.
8. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with:-
• any member of the Genting Group of companies;
• Regulatory, judicial and enforcement authorities, other casino operators, service providers, banks or financial institutions, the International Association of Casino Security and similar bodies or associations. This is to maintain good gaming practice and for security or safety reasons to prevent and detect crime, cheating, fraud, money laundering or any other impropriety or risk.
• Our appointed customer service and marketing agencies for research, analysis, and occasional profiling purposes, so that we can improve and monitor the goods and services we provide and tailor them to your preferences and activities.
• Companies that help us provide services and marketing, for example a mailing house used to distribute promotional material.
• Companies from the Genting Group. Each of these companies may process your personal information for any purposes allowed under this policy.
• Other companies and their professional advisors in connection with a restructuring, re-organisation, merger, sale or other disposal of all or part of our companies and/or assets.
• Social media operators, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter. Typically, we’ll give basic information such as your name and contact information to these companies to enable us to reach you via the social media channels you use. The way social media operators use your personal details will be subject to the privacy policies and terms they give you, the privacy settings you select and the consents you’ve given them regarding their use of your personal information.
In addition we may share Device, Content and Log information with our Analytics providers to evaluate website performance, improve our services, or tailor web and landing pages to any identified preferences – see further “Cookies” (below).
9. Storage and Protection of Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be collected, transferred to, and/ or stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. These staff may be involved in the fulfilment of your request, order or reservation, the processing of your payment details or the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data you agree to the transfer storing or processing of your personal data. Where data is collected, held or transferred outside of the EEA Genting will take steps to put in place measures to ensure that those transfers are adequately protected (as required by applicable law).
Any payment transactions carried out by us or our third party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where we have given you a password that enables you to access certain parts of our websites or App, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential.
We make reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. But, because the internet isn’t entirely secure, we can’t guarantee the security of any personal information transferred to or from you via the internet (including via third party websites and applications).
10. Your Preferences
You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
To do this, you just need to:
• Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails from us to opt out of receiving our marketing updates and offers by email.
• For online casino marketing communications you can also:-
• For all of our other marketing communications you can also:-
• Change your contact preferences in our Resorts World App in the “main account” section;
• Change your contact preferences at any Genting reception desk (if you have previously registered with Genting on premises); or
• Write to us at:- Marketing Director, Genting Casinos UK Ltd, Genting Club Star City, Watson Road, Birmingham, England, B7 5SA;
If you use social media you may also be able to opt out of receiving tailored marketing by adjusting your privacy settings or preferences on the social media channel you’re receiving them from. Please check with the relevant social media channels for details of how to do this.
Our websites may from time to time contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including websites on which our Apps or our services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
12. Updates and Questions
We want to ensure that the personal information we hold for you is accurate and up to date. If any of the personal details you’ve provided to Genting change, please tell us your new details when you visit our premises or by using the ‘contact us’ form on our website, or by altering your address and contact details under the “main account” section of our Apps or our websites.
For our online casino customers, changes can also be updated via your online account (“My Account” section) or by contacting a member of our Customer Support team at www.gentingcasino.com/24-7-support
Under UK law, our customers have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about them, and can do this by writing to:
“The General Counsel - DPA Request”, Genting Club Star City, Watson Road, Birmingham, B7 5SA
We need you to know that we may have to make a small charge for this service. Also, we have to follow the rules of the Data Protection Act when supplying information and aren’t always obliged to provide all of the personal information we hold for you, even if you request it and pay the related fee.
Customers of our Crockfords Cairo Casino wishing to access personal data held about them should write to:
Mr Lamberto Graglia – Casino Director, C/O Genting Casinos Egypt Limited, 44 Palestine Street, New Maadi, Cairo.
Such requests will also be dealt with in accordance with applicable law.
Last Updated 21.10.2016